Kids Cooking Class: Spooky Halloween Treats
MILAM’S MARKET X MY DEVINE KITCHEN
Kids Cooking Class
With Chef Danielle Devine
Gather the ingredients for the Mummy Hotdogs and Frankenstein Smoothies and measure them out before class. Then, join us on the YouTube video below for a free one-hour cooking class for kids with Chef Danielle Devine.
Adult supervision is required.
Spooky Halloween Treats
NEED KITCHEN EQUIPMENT AND UTENSILS:
- Mason Jar (or glass cup)
- Markers – Permanent or any kind! They all wash off.
- Knife – Chef Knife or Pairing Knife
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
PREP FOR CLASS:
It is extremely important to be prepped and ready for class if you plan on cooking simultaneously with the chef. Please pre-measure ALL ingredients and have cooking equipment ready. This includes measuring dry ingredients, wet ingredients, prewashing produce, and peeling the carrot(s). Ingredients should be in bowls and ready to go.
Yield: 8-10 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 Package Crescent Roll Dough (8 oz)
- 1 Package Hot Dogs (8-10 Count)
- 1 Tbsp. Mustard
- ½ Cup Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- Hot Sauce (a few dashes, no need to pre-measure)
- Optional: Garlic powder and paprika powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Unroll crescent dough and pinch seams together to form a solid rectangle.
- Using a knife, cut rectangle into 1/2 inch strips.
- Beginning at one end of the hotdog, start to wrap strips around the hotdog leaving a little space for a face.
- Continue to wrap the dough around the hotdog in a random pattern to make it look like a mummy. Use two dough strips per dog.
- Once all hotdogs are wrapped, place them on the baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Using a toothpick, add yellow mustard I the space you left for the face to add two eyes.
DIRECTIONS – SWEET AND SPICY KETCHUP:
- Mix the ketchup, honey, and a few dashes of hot sauce in a bowl. Stir in the optional garlic powder and paprika if using.
Yield: 2 Smoothies (one for you and one for Mom or Dad!)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes
- 2 cups frozen mixed fruit (Chef Danielle likes tropical blend with pineapple, mango, and strawberries!)
- 1 Banana
- 1 Cup Fresh Spinach
- 1 Tsp. Chia Seeds
- 1 Cup water, milk, or milk alternative
- 1 Tsp. Honey
- Fresh Blackberries (about 5-8)
- Using a marker, draw a Frankenstein face on mason jar/glass cup.
- Blend all ingredients, except for the blackberries, until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into your jar/glass and top with blackberries.