Coffee Dusted New York Strip with Hot Pepper Vanilla Sauce and Arugula Salad
- 4 (8-ounce) Certified Angus Beef ® New York Strip steaks
- 4 tablespoons coffee, finely ground
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Riesling wine
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 bunches arugula
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Heat oil in a heavy non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Season New York strip steaks with coffee, salt and pepper and sear for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Place in oven and cook for about 5 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove steaks and allow to rest, covered with foil.
- Place skillet back on stovetop over medium-low heat. Add shallots, jalapeño, and garlic; sweat until onions are transparent. Add wine, heavy cream and vanilla; reduce by half. Whisk in butter and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss arugula with lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Serve steaks over sauce with salad to the side.