Perfect Backyard Porterhouse Steak Meal
Learn how to cook a porterhouse steak meal on a grill with this easy recipe for a Perfect Backyard Porterhouse. This recipe calls for a 9” by 13” foil pan. Potatoes and vegetables are deliciously steamed with wine in a foil pan next to the steak.
- 4 (18-ounce) Certified Angus Beef ® porterhouse steaks
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon cracked pepper, divided
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and halved
- Season each steak with 1-teaspoon salt and 1/2-teaspoon pepper; refrigerate. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place potatoes, fennel and shallot in foil pan and toss with remaining salt and pepper. Add butter and red wine to pan, seal tightly with aluminum foil. Place pan on grate of grill to steam 20 minutes. Add asparagus and grill an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
- While vegetables cook, grill steaks over approximately 8 minutes per side or until they reach an internal temperature of 125°F for medium rare. Allow to rest lightly tented with foil for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve steak and vegetables with drippings from pan.