For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Veggie Quinoa Breakfast Scramble
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
A healthy and delicious way to begin the day.
|1/2 cup water|
|1/4 cup quinoa|
|1 teaspoon olive oil|
|1 bell pepper, chopped|
|8 oz mushrooms, chopped|
|8 oz spinach, chopped|
|8 oz asparagus spears, chopped|
|10 egg whites|
|10 oz cherry tomatoes, halved|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
- Pour water into a small pot and bring to a boil on high heat. Add quinoa and cook for 12 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Pour olive oil into a large saucepan and bring to medium heat. Add pepper, mushrooms, spinach and asparagus spears to the pan. Saute vegetables for 10 minutes. Turn heat to simmer.
- Pour egg whites into a non-stick skillet and bring to medium heat. Cook and scramble eggs until done.
- Add the scrambled egg whites to the vegetables and bring back to medium heat. Stir together until mixed. Add halved cherry tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the quinoa to the egg and vegetable mix and stir together.
- Spoon breakfast scramble onto serving plates and enjoy!
|Main Ingredient:||Tomato, Spinach, Asparagus, Egg, Quinoa, Mushroom|