For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Creamy Chicken Divan
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Skillet cooked with a nice curry kick.
|2 tablespoons butter|
|1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic|
|1 yellow onion, chopped|
|Seasoned salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
|1 teaspoon curry powder|
|1 1/2 cups uncooked jasmine rice|
|1 can evaporated milk, 12 oz.|
|1 can chicken broth, 14.5 oz.|
|1 can cheddar cheese soup, 10.5 oz.|
|1 can cream of chicken soup, 10.5 oz.|
|1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice|
|4 cups fresh broccoli florets|
|3 cups diced, cooked rotisserie chicken|
|1 cup mayonnaise|
|2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese|
|1 package French fried onions, 6 oz.|
- Place butter in a large skillet, bring to medium-high heat. Once butter has melted, add garlic and yellow onion. Sprinkle seasoned salt and fresh pepper over top, then stir in curry powder. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in jasmine rice and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in evaporated milk and chicken broth. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes, until rice is tender.
- Remove lid and add cheddar cheese soup, cream of chicken soup, lemon juice, broccoli florets, diced chicken and mayonnaise. Place the lid back on and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and sprinkle cheddar evenly over the top. Place the lid back on top and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Separate into 6 pieces and transfer to serving plates. Sprinkle French fried onions over top and enjoy!
|Main Ingredient:||Chicken, Soup|
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >