For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Citrus Infused Coleslaw
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Oatmeal Fig Bars
Rate this Recipe
Serves 12 |
A healthy snack that's great any time of day.
|2 cups dried figs|
|1 cup water|
|1 tablespoon orange zest|
|1/4 cup pure maple syrup, plus 3 tablespoons|
|1 1/4 cup rolled oats|
|1 1/4 cup oat flour|
|1/2 teaspoon baking soda|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/3 cup melted coconut oil|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
- Place figs in a small saucepan. Add the orange zest and water to the pan. Bring to a boil on medium heat then reduce to low and cook for 30 minutes. Remove pan from the heat and let cool for 15 minutes. Transfer to a food processor. Pour in 3 tablespoons of maple syrup and pulse until pureed into a paste.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Stir together rolled oats, oat flour, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and egg. Stir together until well incorporated.
- Pour the maple syrup mixture into the oat mixture and stir until just combined.
- Spoon half of the batter into the lined baking dish. Use another sheet of parchment paper to press down the batter to form a base layer.
- Add the fig paste and gently press into the base layer. Pour the remaining oat batter on top and gently press into the fig layer.
- Place in the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes, until the edges are light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Cut into 12 squares and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. View Recipes >