For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Broiled Steelhead Trout with Lemon, Garlic and Rosemary
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Potato, Leek and White Bean Soup
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Hearty, protein rich and vegan!
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|2 leeks, roots removed and sliced|
|1 1/2 teaspoons herbes de provence|
|3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon|
|1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|5 cups vegetable broth|
|2 1/2 lb Yukon gold potatoes, cut into small cubes|
|2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed, 15 oz. each|
|Mineral salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
|Fresh parsley, for garnish|
- Pour olive oil into a large pot. Bring to medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the leeks and saute for 5 minutes, until softened. Add in the herbes de provence, dried tarragon and red pepper flakes, cook 1 minute.
- Pour the vegetable broth into the pot. Add the potatoes and cannellini beans, season with mineral salt and black pepper and stir together. Bring to a boil then place the lid on and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and enjoy!
|Main Ingredient:||Potato, Leek, Beans|
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Pack the Perfect Picnic!
Grab your picnic basket and blanket, and get ready for a moveable feast! View Recipes >