For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Bourbon Glazed Baked Ham
Rate this Recipe
Serves 12 |
Incredibly flavorful and superbly tender.
|6 lb fully cooked ham|
|1/4 cup bourbon|
|1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce|
|2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar|
|1 cup packed brown sugar|
|2 tablespoons Dijon mustard|
|4 tablespoons fresh orange juice|
|2 tablespoons orange zest|
|1 teaspoon garlic powder|
|2 tablespoons fresh thyme|
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Line a roasting pan with foil.
- Score a diamond pattern all over the top of the ham with a knife, about 1/2-inch deep. Place the ham in the roasting pan, diamond side up. Push the cloves into the center of each diamond all around the ham.
- Create the glaze by combining the bourbon, Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, orange juice, orange zest, garlic powder and thyme in a saucepan. Bring to low heat, stir frequently, until the sugar has completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Brush about 1/3 of the glaze over the entire ham.
- Place the roasting pan into the oven. Bake for 2 hours, brushing the ham with the glaze every 30 minutes.
- Take the ham out of the oven. Baste the ham with the juices in the bottom of the roasting pan. Cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 20 minutes before slicing and serving.