For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Italian-Style Pot Roast
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
A little different from the everyday pot roast.
|1 sweet onion, cut in half, peeled and sliced|
|8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced|
|4 lbs. boneless chuck roast, trimmed|
|1 teaspoon black pepper|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 packet dry onion soup mix|
|1 can tomato sauce|
|1 can beef broth|
|3 tablespoons tomato paste|
|1 teaspoon Italian seasoning|
|2 tablespoons cornstarch|
|2 tablespoons water|
- Lightly grease a 5- to 6-quart crockpot. Place sliced onion and mushrooms into crockpot.
- Sprinkle roast with black pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook roast in skillet for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Set roast on top of sliced onion and mushrooms in crockpot. Sprinkle onion soup mix over roast; pour tomato sauce and beef broth over roast. Cover crockpot and cook roast on low for 8 to 10 hours or until meat shreds easily with a fork.
- Transfer roast to a cutting board; cut into large chunks, removing any large pieces of fat. Keep roast warm.
- Skim fat from juices in crockpot; stir in tomato paste and Italian seasoning.
- In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and water until smooth; add to juices in crockpot, stirring until blended. Increase crockpot heat to high. Cover crockpot and cook until mixture is thickened, about 40 minutes. Stir in roast.
|Cooking Method:||Slow Cooker|
See Other Recipes Like This
A simple collection of delicious family-style recipes
Planning out the weekly dinner menu? Tired of the same dishes week after week? Try these tasty entrees for a scrumptious change of pace. View Recipes >
Mouth-Watering Memorial Day
Celebrate freedom, family and friends with good food. It's time to kickoff summer! View Recipes >