For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 2 |
Highly delectable and shockingly easy.
|5 cups chicken broth|
|3/4 cup dry white wine|
|6 tablespoons butter|
|2 teaspoons garlic, minced|
|1/4 teaspoon red pepper, dried and crushed|
|1/2 lb. uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined|
|3/4 cup onion, finely chopped|
|1 1/2 cups Arborio rice|
|2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus 2 teaspoons|
|2 tablespoons grated parmesan|
- Bring the broth and 1/4 cup of the wine to a simmer in a saucepan.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of the garlic and crushed red pepper, then the shrimp.
- Sauté until the shrimp begin to turn pink, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining 1/2 cup wine and simmer until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the shrimp, reserving the cooking liquid. Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and the remaining 1 teaspoon of garlic and sauté until the onion is pale golden, about 4 minutes. Add the rice and stir to coat, about 2 minutes. Add 2 cups of the broth mixture.
- Simmer until all the liquid is absorbed, stirring often. Continue adding the broth mixture 1 cup at a time, stirring often and simmering until the liquid is absorbed before adding more, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the reserved shrimp cooking liquid. Cook until the rice is just tender and the mixture is creamy, about 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat and stir the shrimp and 2 tablespoons of the parsley into risotto. Season the risotto to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowls and sprinkle with the remaining parsley and grated parmesan.
A simple collection of delicious family-style recipes
Planning out the weekly dinner menu? Tired of the same dishes week after week? Try these tasty entrees for a scrumptious change of pace. View Recipes >
Mouth-Watering Memorial Day
Celebrate freedom, family and friends with good food. It's time to kickoff summer! View Recipes >