For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Paleo Bacon Wrapped Chicken Strips
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Pecan Crusted Pumpkin Pie
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
A creamy pumpkin pie center with a crunchy crust.
|3/4 cup milk|
|15 oz pumpkin puree|
|1 1/2 cup flour|
|3/4 cup brown sugar|
|1 tablespoon ice water|
|2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice|
|1/3 cup pecans|
|3/4 teaspoon sea salt|
|6 tablespoons butter, (unsalted, cut into small chunks)|
- Finely grind pecans in food processor. Pour ground pecans into a mixing bowl, add in 1/4 teaspoon salt, butter and flour. Stir together until contents resembles jagged crumbs.
- Slowly pour in ice water, the ingredients should just begin to form dough. Once doughy, lightly flatten out, place onto large plate, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator, roll out into 13 inch circle. Place into pie pan, fold edges over and crimp. Place back in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Place pie pan in oven, bake 20-25 minutes, until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Reduce oven to 350° F.
- Combine, eggs and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Whisk until mixed well. Pour in milk, remaining salt, pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice. Whisk again, contents should be well mixed.
- Pour pie mix into the pie pan. Place in oven and bake for 60 minutes.
- Let the pie cool for at least 1 hour before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. View Recipes >