For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Crushed Candy Cane Macaroons
Rate this Recipe
Serves 12 |
A tasty holiday treat that’s extra festive.
|1/2 cup sugar|
|2 tablespoons milk|
|1 cup almond meal flour|
|2 candy canes, crushed|
|1 stick butter|
|2 1/3 cups powdered sugar|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|3 egg whites|
|2 teaspoons red food coloring|
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Combine and sift together 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar and almond flour.
- Beat egg whites until they form soft peaks. Once soft peaks are formed, slowly add the sugar mix in. Stir together until stiff peaks are formed.
- Add food coloring to mixture and continue stirring until evenly distributed.
- Pour macaroon mix onto parchment lined baking sheets. Pop any bubbles that form. Let the cookies sit on parchment paper for at least 30 minutes. The cookies are done when the top is hard and cookie shell does not come away when touched.
- Bake macaroons 20-25 minutes.
- Allow macaroons to cool until ready to handle, then remove macaroons from the parchment paper. Cool on a wire rack.
- As macaroons are cooling, combine remaining powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract and butter in a mixing bowl. Mix ingredients together until they are airy.
- Spread buttercream mixture onto half the macaroons. Place other halves on to make sandwich-style cookies.
- Roll macaroons in crushed candy canes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >