For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
A Mediterranean twist on an Italian classic.
|9 lasagna noodles|
|1 lb. ground beef|
|1/2 cup chopped yellow onion|
|1 package frozen spinach, chopped, 10 oz.|
|1 cup Ricotta cheese|
|1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese|
|1/4 cup black olives, sliced and pitted|
|3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint|
|1 1/2 cups tomato sauce|
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Grease a medium baking dish with vegetable cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, but do not add salt. Drain water.
- Meanwhile, spray a medium nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Add beef and onion. Cook, stirring, until browned, about 5 minutes. Place mixture on a paper towel-lined plate; drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, ricotta, feta, olives, and 2 tablespoons mint. Spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce in prepared dish. Top with 3 noodles. Spread some spinach mixture over noodles. Top with some beef mixture. Spoon 1/4 cup tomato sauce over beef mixture. Continue layering with remaining noodles, spinach mixture, beef mixture, and sauce.
- Cover with foil. Bake until filling is heated through, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mint. Serve immediately.
See Other Recipes Like This
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >