For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Crunchy Cinnamon Pecan Topping
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Complete your holiday feast with this irresistible side dish.
|1/2 cup flour|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|2 teaspoons vanilla extract|
|6 tablespoons butter, (sliced)|
|3/4 cup brown sugar, (firmly packed)|
|1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon|
|1 cup dried cranberries|
|1 cup chopped pecans|
|1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger|
|2 tablespoons orange juice|
|3 lb sweet potatoes, (cut into small chunks)|
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Combine orange juice, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 cup brown sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Drop in sweet potato chunks and toss. Coat evenly.
- Spoon dish into a large baking dish. Sprinkle dried cranberries on top of sweet potatoes. Top with 2 tablespoons of butter slices. Cover top of baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- As sweet potatoes are baking. Combine remaining ground cinnamon and ginger with remaining brown sugar. Mix well and add remaining butter. Stir together with a fork until crumbly. Add chopped pecans and stir together.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven. Stir gently and top with sugared pecan mixture.
- Place baking dish back in oven and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes. (Top should be lightly browned)
See Other Recipes Like This
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >