For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Crunchy Cinnamon Pecan Topping
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Complete your holiday feast with this irresistible side dish.
|1/2 cup flour|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|2 teaspoons vanilla extract|
|6 tablespoons butter, (sliced)|
|3/4 cup brown sugar, (firmly packed)|
|1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon|
|1 cup dried cranberries|
|1 cup chopped pecans|
|1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger|
|2 tablespoons orange juice|
|3 lb sweet potatoes, (cut into small chunks)|
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Combine orange juice, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 cup brown sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Drop in sweet potato chunks and toss. Coat evenly.
- Spoon dish into a large baking dish. Sprinkle dried cranberries on top of sweet potatoes. Top with 2 tablespoons of butter slices. Cover top of baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- As sweet potatoes are baking. Combine remaining ground cinnamon and ginger with remaining brown sugar. Mix well and add remaining butter. Stir together with a fork until crumbly. Add chopped pecans and stir together.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven. Stir gently and top with sugared pecan mixture.
- Place baking dish back in oven and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes. (Top should be lightly browned)
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >