For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Irresistible Potato Pie
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
This is the potato recipe everybody needs to try.
|1 onion, (peeled and sliced thin)|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|5 potatoes, (peeled and sliced thin)|
|1 sheet pastry crust|
|1/2 cup heavy cream|
|1 tablespoon fresh dill|
|Ground black pepper, (to taste)|
|7 slices bacon|
|Chives, (chopped, for garnish)|
|4 tablespoons butter|
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Place pastry crust in a tart pan and crimp edges.
- Melt butter in a skillet on medium-high heat. Once skillet is hot, place bacon in and sautÃ?Â© until bacon is crispy. Once bacon is crispy, add potatoes, onions and dill. Sprinkle salt and pepper over top. Stir ingredients together periodically and cook for 5 minutes.
- Spoon potato mixture into pan and pour heavy cream over top.
- Place pan into oven and bake for 35-45 minutes. (Potatoes should be very tender and crust is golden.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle chives over top and enjoy.