For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Beef and Vegetable Soup with Red Wine
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
A five-star dining experience in your home.
|1 lb sirloin tip, cubed|
|2 tablespoons soy sauce|
|1 teaspoon vegetable oil|
|1 lb mushrooms, stemmed and quartered|
|1 onion, chopped|
|2 tablespoons tomato paste|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1/2 cup red wine|
|4 cups beef broth|
|1 3/4 cups chicken broth|
|4 carrots, peeled and chopped|
|2 celery ribs, sliced|
|1 bay leaf|
|1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin|
|1/2 cup cold water|
|3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground pepper, to taste|
- Combine the beef and soy sauce in a medium bowl, set aside. Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the mushrooms and onion, cook for 8-12 minutes, until onions are browned, stirring frequently. Transfer the vegetables to bowl.
- Add the beef to the pot and cook for 6-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato paste and garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add the red wine, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the beef broth, chicken broth, carrots, celery, bay leaf, mushrooms and onions. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes, until meat is tender.
- While the soup is simmering, sprinkle the gelatin over cold water and let stand.
- When the soup is finished, turn off the heat. Remove the bay leaf. Add the gelatin and stir until completely dissolved.
- Stir in the parsley, season with salt and pepper.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >