For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Mushroom Risotto
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
A simple and very satisfying side dish.
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1 onion, finely chopped|
|1 clove garlic, finely chopped|
|3/4 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped|
|1 lb Arborio rice|
|2/3 cup dry red wine|
|6 cups chicken broth|
|1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
- Heat oil with butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Once butter has melted, add chopped onions and saute for 5 minutes. Add garlic and fresh mushrooms, stir until mushrooms are browned.
- Add rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add wine and cook until absorbed.
- Pour in 1 cup of chicken broth into rice. Stir continuously until broth is absorbed.
- Continue cooking and adding broth, about 1 cup at a time, stirring regularly and letting each addition be absorbed before adding next.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, season with salt and pepper.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >