For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Mushroom Risotto
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
A simple and very satisfying side dish.
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1 onion, finely chopped|
|1 clove garlic, finely chopped|
|3/4 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped|
|1 lb Arborio rice|
|2/3 cup dry red wine|
|6 cups chicken broth|
|1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
- Heat oil with butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Once butter has melted, add chopped onions and saute for 5 minutes. Add garlic and fresh mushrooms, stir until mushrooms are browned.
- Add rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add wine and cook until absorbed.
- Pour in 1 cup of chicken broth into rice. Stir continuously until broth is absorbed.
- Continue cooking and adding broth, about 1 cup at a time, stirring regularly and letting each addition be absorbed before adding next.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, season with salt and pepper.
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >