For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Awesome Apple Strudel
Rate this Recipe
Serves 12 |
Simply delicious and easy to make.
|1/2 cup golden raisins|
|1/2 cup apple juice|
|2 tablespoons water|
|Flour, for surface|
|1/2 cup granulated sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 cup crushed shortbread cookies|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|6 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced|
|1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice|
|1 cup toasted walnuts|
|2 sheets frozen puff pastry|
|4 tablespoons butter|
|4 tablespoons cinnamon sugar mix|
|4 tablespoons heavy cream|
|1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
- Heat the oven to 375° F. Combine raisins and juice in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Set bowl aside.
- Unfold pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll pastry into a large rectangle. Whisk egg and water in a small bowl to make egg wash. Brush the pastry with half of the egg wash.
- Stir sugar, salt, crushed cookies, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add the apples, raisins, lemon juice, and walnuts and toss to coat.
- Spoon half of apple mixture onto the bottom half of the pastry sheet to within 1 inch of the edge. Dot top with 2 tablespoons of the butter. Roll up into a jelly roll. Place seam-side down onto a baking sheet. Tuck the ends under to seal.
- Brush the top of the pastry with remaining egg wash. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mix. Repeat with second pastry sheet. Cut several slits in the top of each pastry.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool 20 minutes before serving. Whisk together heavy cream, vanilla extract and salt to make the glaze. Drizzle glaze over the top. Cut each strudel into six pieces.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >