For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chili Verde Pork
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Ultra-tender and incredibly delicious.
|1 teaspoon dried oregano|
|3 tablespoon green chile powder|
|1 tablespoon ground cumin|
|1 can green enchilada sauce, 19 oz.|
|1 can salsa verde, 7 oz.|
|1 can tomatillos, with liquid, 32 oz.|
|Vegetable oil, for cooking|
|3 1/2 lb pork sirloin, cubed|
|2 cups minced onions|
|1 1/2 tablespoons pressed garlic|
|2 lb green chiles, diced|
|2 cups minced green peppers|
|Salt, to taste|
|1 teaspoon lime juice|
|1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves|
- Stir together oregano, cumin and chile powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- Pour enchilada sauce and salsa verde into a large pot. Crush tomatillos inside the pot.
- Sprinkle chile powder mixture over the tomatillo mixture. Stir together and bring the pot to a boil. After boiling, reduce heat and let simmer. Stirring every few minutes.
- Pour vegetable oil in a skillet. Bring skillet to medium heat, place pork sirloin in skillet, add onions and garlic to skillet and brown together.
- Drain liquid from skillet, add pork, onions and garlic to the pot and stir together. Add green chilies, stir and let simmer for 2 hours.
- Add green peppers to the pot and season with salt. Let pot simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Spoon chili verde pork onto serving plates, sprinkle on cilantro and lime juice.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >