For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Butternut Squash Soup with Ginger Shrimp
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Excellent for dinner parties.
|24 jumbo shrimp, deveined, peeled, tail on|
|1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger|
|2/3 cup chopped shallot|
|1 clove garlic, thinly sliced|
|3 whole star anise|
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1 3/4 lb butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and chopped|
|4 cups vegetable stock|
|2 cups water|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
- Place shrimp in a bowl and sprinkle ginger over top. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Add butter to a large saucepan. Bring to medium heat add shallots, garlic and star anise, cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add squash, vegetable stock and water to the saucepan. Simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes, until squash is very tender. Remove star anise.
- Pour half of the soup into a blender and pulse until smooth. Pour the soup from the saucepan into a bowl and set aside. Pour pureed soup back into the saucepan and pour the soup from the bowl into the blender. Pulse until smooth and pour into the saucepan. Bring soup to a simmer and season with salt and pepper.
- Season the shrimp with salt. Pour vegetable oil into a large nonstick skillet, bring to medium heat. Place the shrimp into the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, frequently stirring.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls and top each bowl with three shrimp.
|Main Ingredient:||Butternut Squash, Shrimp|
See Other Recipes Like This
Star Spangled Scrumptious!
Get up and celebrate this 4th of July with some seriously delicious dishes! View Recipes >
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >