For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Hearty, tasty and slightly spicy.
|3 tablespoons cooking oil|
|1 lb. lean round steak, cut into bite-sized strips|
|1 cup onion, chopped|
|1 cup green bell peppers, chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 can kidney beans, with liquid,16 oz.|
|2 cups tomatoes, chopped|
|1 can tomato sauce, 16 oz.|
|1 cup beef broth|
|1 can black-eyed peas, 16 oz.|
|1 hot chilies|
|2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped|
|1 tablespoon basil, chopped|
|1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed|
|1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce|
|1 bay leaf|
|1 cup niblet corn, fresh or frozen|
|Salt, to taste|
|Cheddar cheese, shredded for garnish|
- What better way to pair up a nice mellow Chilean Merlot than with a Chilean chili recipe that is as complex in flavor as the wine itself.
- In a large Dutch oven or stockpot, heat half of the oil. Brown the meat in the hot oil on all sides.
- Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain off the fat. Add the remaining oil to the pan, saute the onion, bell pepper and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked beef, kidney beans and liquid, chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, black-eyed peas, chilies, cilantro, basil, brown sugar, Worcestershire and bay leaf.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the corn and salt to taste, cooking for 5 minutes more. Remove the bay leaf.
- Serve in bowls topped with shredded cheddar cheese.
|Main Ingredient:||Kidney Beans, Black Beans, Legumes, Beans|
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >
Prepare a Special Meal for Your Sweetheart
Worried about Valentine's Day dinner? Are you making your sweetheart a special dinner? What will you make? Here are a few recipe ideas to get you started. From main courses to a dessert and cocktail. View Recipes >