For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cherry Chocolate Scones
Rate this Recipe
Serves 12 |
|2 cups flour|
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|3/4 cup chopped dried cherries|
|3/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips|
|1 1/4 cup heavy cream|
|1 tablespoon melted butter|
|1 tablespoon demerara sugar|
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Flour a working surface.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Once mixed, add cherries and chocolate chips. Stir until incorporated.
- Pour heavy cream into the mixing bowl and stir together.
- Transfer dough onto the floured working surface. Knead the dough a few times into a large ball, then divide dough in half. Work into balls and gently press balls down into disks about 4-inches wide and about 2-inches thick.
- Cut each disk into 6 wedges and space evenly on prepared baking sheet. Brush the tops with melted butter then sprinkle with demerara sugar.
- Place in the oven to bake for 15-17 minutes, until tops are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
A simple collection of delicious family-style recipes
Planning out the weekly dinner menu? Tired of the same dishes week after week? Try these tasty entrees for a scrumptious change of pace. View Recipes >
Mouth-Watering Memorial Day
Celebrate freedom, family and friends with good food. It's time to kickoff summer! View Recipes >