Jennifer’s Homemade Brings Socially Conscious Breadsticks and Flatbreads to Milam’s Market
Jennifer’s Homemade is a local, Certified Women-Owned, company which focuses on baking delicious flatbreads and breadsticks using ethical business practices.
Jennifer’s Homemade was born out of Jennifer Behar’s passion for baking. Jennifer made breadsticks for dinner parties and friends fell in love. Jennifer was a single mother, often cooking with her young daughter Stephanie. After years of people telling her to sell her breadsticks, Jennifer decided to create a business doing what she loved. In 2005, Jennifer started Jennifer's Homemade out of her home kitchen, baking her Flatbreads and Breadsticks in Original, Rosemary, and Salt and Pepper varieties.
Every Jennifer’s Homemade package meets the “gold standard” for ethical production. Each one is made using wood that is harvested from responsibly-managed forests with environmentally conscious business practices. As committed to making delicious snacks as they are to the environment, their employees, and their customers, this brand goes the extra mile for both the community and our planet.
What Makes Jennifer’s Homemade Products so Special?
Breadsticks and flatbreads are delicious, but Jennifer’s Homemade takes it even farther with some pretty amazing upgrades. These aren’t just made with love–they are made for everyone.
Every single product made by Jennifer’s Homemade is prepared using the highest consideration for ingredients and dietary preferences. All of their baked goods are all-natural, vegan, and made using minimal ingredients.
In addition to being fully vegan, Jennifer’s Homemade products are made using Biga–a pre-fermentation process that is often suitable for people with gluten sensitivities. Biga also makes the products rich with flavor and less perishable, so they taste great and last long!
Ways to Enjoy These Baked Goods
Jennifer’s Homemade baked goods are perfect for everyday snacking and for making beautiful cheese and charcuterie boards, as well as many other recipes. You can findMade with olive oil, unbleached and unbromated flour, and fresh ingredients, there are plenty of ways to enjoy these snacks!
Try These Ways to Enjoy Jennifer’s Homemade Baked Goods:
- As flatbread with any ingredients
- As a base for avocado toast
- As a dipping option for your favorite hummus
- As a base for charcuterie and cheese boards
- As a base for caviar
- As a breadstick skewer (try mozzarella balls, cherry tomatoes, and basil)
- As a dipping option for chocolate, sea salt, or cinnamon sugar
Baking with a Cause
With community in mind, Jennifer Behar, the owner of Jennifer’s Homemade, approached Feeding South Florida to discuss donating a portion of proceeds to help end hunger. Now, Jennifer is a member of the Board of Directors for Feeding South Florida and is on a mission to support those in need. Every purchase of Jennifer’s Homemade goods helps support people who are living with food insecurity. Your small purchase can have a big impact.
Enjoy Jennifer’s Homemade Today!
At Milam’s Market, we love good food, but we really love good food that supports a great cause. To enjoy the rich flavor and beautiful simplicity of Jennifer’s Homemade goods, visit your local Milam’s Market today. These baked goods are perfect for both snacking and celebrating!
Recipe: Apple Pie Crumble Recipe
Pie Crust with Crumble Topping made with Jennifer’s Homemade Original Flatbread
- 3 cups finely ground Jennifer’s Homemade Original Flatbread - approximately two boxes
- 6 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks) cold, cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (Optional)
- pinch of kosher salt - the flatbread are already salted so go lightly
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Put the Jennifer's Homemade Flatbread in a food processor to crush the flatbread leaving some chunky pieces *pro tip: if you don't have a food processor put the Flatbread in a Ziplock bag and bang on it with a rolling pin to crush the flatbread (works like a charm and helps to get out any aggression)
- In a medium bowl add the crushed flatbread, sugar and salt and combine with the pieces of butter, cinnamon and pulse until the mixture is well blended
- Reserve half of the mixture for the crumble topping
- Press half of the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of an 8- or 9-inch pie plate
Apple Pie Filling Ingredients
- 4½ pounds of granny smith apples
- Juice of 2 large lemons, with pulp
- Lemon zest - from 2 lemons
- 1 stick of unsalted butter – cut into small pieces
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons crushed Flatbread (approximately 1 Flatbread)
- 2 teaspoons milk
Pie Filling Directions
- Cut apples into thinly sliced into ¾” wedges – skin on
- In a medium bowl combine apples, lemon juice, lemon zest, brown sugar, butter and crushed flatbread
- Prick the bottom of the pie crust with a fork before filling with the apple mixture
- Arrange the apples on top of the crust in a swirling pattern
- Pour the remaining butter, sugar and lemon mixture on top of the apples.
Pie Topping Directions
- Take the remaining half of the pie crust mixture and press the crumb mixture together to create clumps of different sizes, and sprinkle on top of the apples.
- Bake in preheated 400 degrees oven for 20 minutes
- Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 30 – 35 minutes longer. If the top begins to burn cover lightly with tin foil
- Let cool and enjoy!