For the Love of Cooking!|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Brown Sugar Bourbon Ham
Rate this Recipe
Serves 10 |
A delectable centerpiece for an Easter feast.
|1 spiral sliced ham, 8 lb.|
|1/4 cup brown mustard|
|2 cup dark brown sugar|
|2 oz. bourbon, poured into a spritz bottle|
|2 cups crushed ginger snap cookies|
- Heat oven to 275° F.
- Remove ham from bag, rinse and drain thoroughly. Place ham, cut side down, in a roasting pan.
- Tent the ham with heavy duty foil. Cook for about 4 hours.
- Remove the ham from the pan.
- Increase oven temperature to 325° F.
- Dab the ham with paper towels. Brush on a liberal coat of mustard. Sprinkle on brown sugar, packing loosely as you go until the ham is coated. Spritz a generous layer of bourbon on top, then loosely pack on as much of the crushed cookies as you can.
- Place the ham back into the pan and cook for an additonal 25 minutes.
- Remove ham again from the pan, tent the roast with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
See Other Recipes Like This
A simple collection of delicious family-style recipes
Planning out the weekly dinner menu? Tired of the same dishes week after week? Try these tasty entrees for a scrumptious change of pace. View Recipes >
Mouth-Watering Memorial Day
Celebrate freedom, family and friends with good food. It's time to kickoff summer! View Recipes >