Need kitchen equipment and utensils:
- Food Processor or Blender
- 1 Sharp Chef or Paring (not serraded)
- Deep bowl or pot
- 2 Cookie sheets
- Wax or Parchment Paper
- 4 Mason Jars or Plastic Cups (8 oz)- not too tall!
- Small flower shaped cookie cutter (optional)
- Small skewers or large toothpicks
- Knife and cutting board to cut produce
- 1 Adult to always supervise!
Prep for class:
It is extremely important to be prepped and ready for class if you plan on cooking simultaneously with the chef. Please pre-measure ALL ingredients and have cooking equipment ready. This includes measuring dry ingredients, wet ingredients, prewashing produce, and peeling the carrot(s). Ingredients should be in bowls and ready to go.
No-Bake Chocolate Sunbutter Oatmeal Cookies
Yield: 24 cookies
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 7 minutes
Setting time: 30 min to 60 min
- 1 1/2 Cups White Sugar
- 1/2 Stick of unsalted butter
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 2/3 Cup Sunbutter
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups Quick Cooking Oats (or you could use Old-Fashioned oats for a chewier texture)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Combine the butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa powder in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk constantly until the butter melts. Once boiling, stop whisking and let boil for 1 minute.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla extract until combined. Then, stir in oats and salt.
- Allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes. This allows the oats to soak up some moisture.
- During the 5 minutes, line two baking sheets with parchment paper or wax paper and make sure you have room in your refrigerator for at least one baking sheet.
- Using a 1 Tablespoon Cookie Scoop (or a spoon), drop a tablespoon of dough onto the lined baking sheet. If desired, slightly flatten down with the back of a spoon. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Refrigerate the cookies for 30-60 minutes.
Boar's Head Garden Veggie “Jar”cuterie
Yield: 4 Mini Jars or Cups
Prep time: 15 minutes
Build time: 5-10 minutes
- 1-2 Sticks of Celery
- 1-2 Whole Carrots, Peeled
- 1-2 Persian Cucumbers
- 1 Block/Wedge of Boar's Head Cheddar or Manchego Cheese- cut across the middle to make thinner
- 1 Boar's Head Fresh Mozzarella Ball
- 1 Package Boar's Head Sliced Pepperoni or Salami, 12 slices (feel free to mix & match or use deli meat)
- Pretzel Sticks, Bread Sticks, or Cheese Sticks - you pick!
- *If Boar’s Head Brand is out of stock, please substitute item with a similar item!
Ingredients for Avocado Ranch Dip:
- 2 Avocado, Ripe
- 1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp. Onion Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley
- 2 Tsp. Fresh Dill
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Lime Juice (fresh squeezed from a lime or store bought)
- 6 Tbsp. Buttermilk or Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Directions for avocado ranch dip:
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT for buttermilk to a blender or food processor and blend until mixed.
- Slowly add 1 tbsp of buttermilk at a time and blend until you get a smooth consistency that is not too thin.
- Store in an airtight container and place in fridge if not using.
Directions for “Jar”cuterie:
- Place Avocado Ranch Dip at bottom of cup/jar (about 2 tbsp)
- Careully slice carrot(s) in half so each carrot is in two chunks. Then, cut each chunk lengthwise in half and half again, so that you have carrot sticks
- Repeat Step 2 with the celery
- Repeat Step 2 with the cucumbers- or slice in rounds and make into flowers
- Cut cheeses using flower cookie cutter or use pairing knife to cut out a chunk
- Take a slice of meat and fold in half and half again and stick skewer/toothpick through middle so it stays together. Add another piece or two to the same skewer/toothpick.
- Add a piece of cheese to the ends of the skewer/toothpick
- Place veggies and meat/cheese into the cup or jar and add some breadsticks or crackers. If not eating right away, do not add the breadsticks or crackers.
*have fun and add more items like cherry tomatoes, candied fruits, olives, nuts, pickles, etc.